How to get and set your Envato Token
So, from April 2019 we are releasing a new updating system for our products, as the old Envato Marketplace API was discontinued. Below you have the steps on how to get things working for your theme.
First of all, update manually if you have the old system
Please make sure you have the latest version of the theme. Not all themes were updated, we are currently working into including this to all of our products. Until all products get the new setup, please make sure you update manually.
The new update system Envato released is based on tokens. You will need to login to your ThemeForest account and generate one in order to get this working. Here are the steps to get your token:
- Make sure you are logged in with the ThemeForest account that was used to purchase the theme.
- Click on this Generate A Personal Token link to be directed to the page where you actually create the token (code). You should get something similar to the screenshot there: Click to Check Screenshot
- Enter a unique name in the ‘Token Name’ field. You can use any name that will be easy to remember and associate, for example: UpdateToken
- Under the ‘Permissions Needed’ section, make sure the following checkboxes are checked:
– View Your Envato Account Username
– Download Your Purchased Items
– List Purchases You’ve Made
– Verify Purchases You’ve Made
- Check the ‘Terms and Conditions’ checkbox, then click ‘Create Token’. You’ll now see the Success! page with your Personal Token displayed like in the screenshot here: Check screenshot
- Copy and save your Personal Token to a safe place and log into your website’s Appearance > Theme options > Theme update tab and paste your Personal Token into the provided field. Don’t forget to save the new field settings.
After all is saved and well, you should be receiving new update notifications for our products.
It is important that you follow the steps above and make sure you set every permission requested above. The updater will not work if something was not set right.